Rides through the village, and further when time permits, provide miles of access through designated bridleways free from traffic. Riding can take you to places difficult to find when walking and provide spectacular views of our Lancashire countryside. Indoor, all weather facilities are also available.
The Centre also provides riding for children and young adults with special needs and everyone enjoys the rapport that exists between the voluntary helpers, the riders and the riding school owners.
The charity “Birtle and Rochdale Riding for Special Needs” raises funds to support these riders and is always looking for helpers to walk alongside the riders and help with the socials and administration of the group.
Please contact the Riding School if you would like to join and be a part of this fun group.
Here at Birtle we are committed to continuously improving and keeping existing facilities up to date or procuring new equipment where necessary. We strive to ensure a 5 star service of care and deliver the best possible service.
22x42m indoor arena with cushion track surface, full length dressage mirrors, kitchen area and toilets, PA system and spectators gallery.
22x62m outdoor floodlit arena with sand and rubber surface, dressage/commentators box plus PA system.
- 6 horse walker. This is used daily proving to be invaluable for horses fitness, rehabilitation and for those days when we cant ride or turnout
- 38 stables
- Automatic water feeders and rubber mats in every stable
- Regular clinics with top riders and trainers
- Large clean tack room
- CCTV covering the whole yard
- Onsite training and assistance
- Large car park
- Reception area with vending machines
- Excellent hacking in picturesque countryside
- Summer turnout
- Surfaced 18×35 winter turnout area
- All fields maintained to a high standard, rotational grazing and rolling done regularly
- Complete set of show-jumps
- BD, unaffiliated dressage and unaffiliated showjumping held every month
We have 3 friendly professional instructors which means we can ensure lessons are tailored to your individual needs
Our horses range from confidence givers to more advanced schoolmasters and will be selected based on your ability and requirements.
Alternatively you are more than welcome to bring your own horse.
Beginners & New Clients
Your first lesson/ assessment is a half hour private lesson on the lunge rein so the instructor can give you all the help and support you need and assessyour abilities
Group Lessons & Hacks
Once you have established the basics and are confident and competent, group lessons and hacks are a great way to improve your skills, build your confidence and have some fun !the groups are an hour but on bank holidays we also do 2 hour rides and day rides for the more experienced rider
Our weight limit is 12 stone and our minimum age is 7yrs